When I started digging in to OpenID a couple years ago, it was only because someone in the company’s marketing department thought it sounded cool and therefore we needed it on our Web site. Read the rest of this entry »
There’s a poll going on over at CSS Tricks asking whether coders and programmers prefer hyphens, underscoring or camel-casing when writing multi-word function names, CSS classes and IDs, et cetera.
The results of the poll are unfortunately going to be worthless due to the way the poll and the options were written. You’re only allowed to choose one of the three and, judging by the comments, the real answer for most people is “It depends.” Read the rest of this entry »
I needed to install memcached on my local development server the other day and hit several snags during the process when I couldn’t find a clear guide. It doesn’t help that there’s another package floating around called “memcache” which is not the same as “memcached”.
Since the translation screws up some of the code, I thought I would post the steps here in English in case anyone finds it useful. Read the rest of this entry »
Some friends and I recently played a little game where we each chose a photo at random and created playlists of five to ten songs around a theme called Songs That Sound Like This Photo. Now that it’s over, I thought I’d share my creation.
The complete list and a Flash-based music player after the jump. Read the rest of this entry »
Apparently Internet Explorer 7 and 8 still haven’t gotten PNG quite right. While working on one of my current projects, I stumbled onto a bug with repeating PNG background images. Read the rest of this entry »
I got to work a little early this morning and decided to upgrade to the new VirtualBox 3.0, which I use to run Ubuntu 9.04 as a guest on my 64-bit Windows Vista host machine.
The upgrade was simple as always and I experienced no issues … until I tried to boot up my Ubuntu VM. It appeared to hang during boot up, and finally ended in a kernel panic. Every time.
There’s an easy fix, however, which I found here after a quick Google search. The solution is to change the VM settings for the network adapter from “PCnet-FAST III” to “Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop”.
Late last night I pushed out an update for Dope OpenID to add better support for Attribute Exchange with Google and other providers. You can download the latest version right now from the project page.
In addition, because Dope OpenID is an open source project, I’ve made the source code available on github. Collaborators are welcome! Or take the code and go in a completely different direction.